A lifetime of sightings? Anywhere in the world? Yes.
Runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux? Without emulation software? Yes.
Easy-to-use? Fast data entry? Yes.
Fast import from eBird, Avisys, BirdBase, and more? Yes.
Hundreds of built-in country and state checklists? Yes.
Big price? No. It's free.
Scythebill is a desktop application for birders to keep track of their life lists and birding records. There's plenty of great birdlist software and birding software available today, but:
- Scythebill is free (and will remain so).
- Scythebill is easy-to-use. It takes a few minutes to get started.
- Scythebill is powerful - loads of features, like flipping between the Clements and IOC checklists
- Scythebill is cross-platform - you don't need to lose your list just because you switch from Mac to Windows to Linux.
- Scythebill is open-source, so anyone can contribute to its development.
New - Scythebill 14.0.2 is available!
Scythebill 14.0.2 has been released to support the IOC 8.2 taxonomy. And support for multiple observers in a single .bsxm sightings was just added in the 14.0.0 release! See the Scythebill blog for other recent releases.
Also new - more extended taxonomies!
There's an extended taxonomy for North American moths!